Thursday 9 May 2013

Update Email - 9th May 2012


Hello Everyone,

Bremen is wet, stormy but warm. 

From my open hotel room window I am watching the rain pitter patter, I can hear the rumblings of distant thunder while squabbling Jays fight outside in the silver birch trees....they are such beautiful birds, it's a shame their vocals don't match how they look!

Post breakfast I made my way to Johnnie's bedside with a little spring in my step after having had yesterday's news. I got there and he was off his ventilator and ended up being without it for 45 minutes. He had already been off the ventilator at 7am this morning so already today he has done extremely well. He will have another go this afternoon and possibly one more before bedtime.....I cannot tell you how proud I am of him. Following his mammoth bout of no ventilator he promptly fell asleep and so, as always, I took this as my queue to leave. I made the decision to visit Bremen city and have a mooch around the shops for a couple of hours while I wait and wait and wait for the phone to ring.

I returned to my Hubby mid afternoon to find him quiet, comfortable and half asleep. The drugs he is on are still making him sweat and so my main job is official brow mopper. I wish there was so much more that I could do for him, however this will have to do for now until he is back in our flat (and getting on my nerves!)... ;-)

Whilst I was with John I received a visit from Dr. Wattenberg, his physician. A really, REALLY nice man who, bizarrely used to work in Lewisham Hospital ITU, a coincidence I can assure you I did not see coming! He informed me that Thunderbirds had called and John would be going home possibly tomorrow but if not then definitely Friday. You can imagine my response.....running around hugging everyone, thanking them, kisses, teary eyes (them, not me!) etc, etc. I had already decided that as soon as we knew when he was going home I would fly back the day before if possible to arrange 'stuff' in London. So, I practically flew back to the hotel to try and book a flight home tomorrow morning.

I have not booked my flight.

I received a call from Thunderbirds.

Due to an apparent miscommunication there is no definite bed in Lewisham at the moment. There 'might' be one tomorrow but as of right now there isn't. 
We are not coming home yet.

I.
Am.
Gutted.

I could honestly scream my lungs out right now and have a right proper tantrum, I really could. To go through that elation followed by utter disappointment is frustrating, to put it politely. John really needs to be in London, he needs to start his rehabilitation. I also feel guilty as hell because I told my Hubby he was going home in a day or so. Lets hope its still going to be so! 

Three weeks in Germany is enough, I want him home, in London, being treated, given therapy, rehabilitated. Enough said.

And last but not least, I need to be in the UK.....keeping a lid on my emotions is now proving difficult for me. I'm like a powder keg but I can't light the fuse until I am at home.

Unless something amazing happens with John or Thunderbirds come back to me and say we are going there won't be an update tonight. This is it for today.

Thank you for listening.

Disappointed of Bremen and his handsome, wonderful, SuperHero Hubby

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment