Thursday 2 May 2013

Update Email - 2nd May 2012


Good evening everyone,

It's a late one tonight.....I am tired and nearly didn't do it but I've got myself into this routine and didn't feel comfortable going to sleep without giving you some more good news........yes, there's more!

First of all, the gorgeously lovely Heather arrived today and was greeted by me turning into a blubbering wreck! The poor woman flew home from a couple of weeks in the Philippines only a few days ago and then came here today for the rest of the week....our wonderful little God Children will be missing their Mum, however even they have got into the spirit of things and send their Fairy God Father love and hugs and get well soon rockets!!!!! (That'll be our 3 year old god son, Ferdi who is also mightily impressed that John has his own helicopter).........John was flown here from the original hospital if you remember.

This morning John was awake when we went to see him and his eyes were open. He didn't do too much in the way of moving apart from the now usual hand gripping however when I was kissing him on the lips (something I am LOVING!!!!!) Heather said there was definite attempts at 'puckering up' or getting ready to receive a kiss which I have to say fills my heart with joy. His eyes are not yet focusing and are quite milky but this will improve as the days go on.

While we were there this morning the lovely Dr Loeschke (spelling!) asked if I had yet considered a hospital in the UK for him. Obviously I hadn't given it too much thought as we had been told it may be some time before he will be able to fly. So imagine my surprise when I was informed that he might.....MIGHT be able to return to the UK in a week or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will need to go to a suitable acute neuro rehab unit and I have been on the case all afternoon with work and insurance, making calls, emails, you name it I have been doing it. Remember, it's not an absolute definite but we are now looking at coming home in the near future which will be brilliant, it really will!!!

John is having another CT scan tomorrow on his brain to check progress and make sure there is no further change. His Doctors will then meet with the Neuro consultant and they will hatch a plan for his ultimate return to the UK, so I should have some news on Friday, I hope.....

Johnnie also had a PEG tube today.....basically it's moving his feeding tube from his nasal passage to his tummy so he now has absolutely no pipes or tubes in his face and he looks just fine, handsome in fact......he looks like my Husband again and this too makes me happy.

Another good day in the world of Mr John Ellis......I can get used to these days......

I'm off to bed to dream about being at home with my dogs, my hens and ultimately my Man.

Lots and lots and lots of love

John & Johnnie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment