Tuesday 14 May 2013

Update Email - 14th May 2012


Dear Family and Friends,

How are you all today?

Firstly, my Hubby. . . . There is no bed again. However, Lewisham have informed Thunderbirds that one of their patients is being transferred to another London hospital, they're just waiting for a bed!!!!! You couldn't make it up! At least things are moving, which hopefully means that Mr Ellis will also be moving some time soon....to London. *watch this space*

He continues to breathe off his ventilator for hours at a time, his numbers are good and he is stable. He has not declined or had anymore 'wobblers' so I am a little more comfortable with being here while he is being comfortable over there....you know what I mean.

Me....?! I went back to work today. It was emotional, tiring, draining, I did not want to be there. I have the best Boss, a very understanding Boss, a Boss who let me sit there and sob and sob and sob. A Boss who constantly tells me that family comes first, don't worry about your job. He's brilliant. The entire day was spent doing very little while at the same time doing a lot of crying, hoping for the positive phone call and re-telling this god awful situation to a steady stream of caring colleagues. I feel mentally and emotionally done in!!! But, it was another hurdle that I have jumped and again I feel a little better than I thought I would. Believe me, I don't feel great at all, but I'm ok.

I think Millie (one of our dogs) is depressed. She exudes a smell that is not her normal loveliness, her fur is less than it's usual silkiness and she just mopes around. John and Millie were joined at the hip and I know, in a dog way, she misses him. It upsets me to think that she's pining for him as there is nothing at all that I can do to make her happy. I am but a sad second to Mr Ellis in Millie's world. Max (the other dog) won't sleep in his bed. I shut the door and he whines, cries and scratches to be let down to the bedroom. So now they sleep in the bedroom on a comfy quilty blanket on the floor next to our bed. He doesn't cry or whine or scratch now. As much as it's not really allowed, having them with me is comforting. It's a cuddle I can have until Hubby comes home. I just wish that Millie smelled nicer......I will bath her at the weekend.

I am off to walk the dogs.

John & John xxxxxxxxxx

P.S. My mobile is still 'blocked'....apparently it takes 5-7 working days to sort out!!!!!

P.P.S. If there is anyone that would prefer to not receive these sort of updates, please do let me know and I will only update you when Mr Ellis is in the UK. I won't be offended, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment