Monday 8 April 2013

Just The Two Of Us


Yesterday, as I now do nearly every Sunday afternoon, I took the dogs for their 4 mile walk to Perranuthnoe and back. 
It gives all 3 of us some decent exercise and it blows away the cobwebs - especially if it's windy as it usually is at this time of year!

Yesterday, we passed these two men, sitting there on the bench, in the wind, watching the world (and us) go by. 
In my previous life this would have been John and me. 
Watching the seabirds, spotting seals, taking in the fresh air, plotting world domination.

Yesterday, I caught my breath and had a little cry. 
It was like looking at my old life and then walking straight past and leaving it behind. 
It took me by surprise. 
For a moment, I felt sad and longed for my old life.
I was very jealous of those two men, sat there side by side, together.

Yesterday, I remembered my old life with John.....and I will never, ever forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment