Sunday 22 July 2012

Fly Me To The Moon....

I am in a foul mood, really foul.
Unfortunately Maximillian has taken the brunt of my temper with a number of verbal 'bashings' this morning and is now avoiding me at all costs. 
When I enter the room, Max leaves, ears down and his tail between his legs. 
Millie remains in the bedroom, curled up in a tight little ball, she wants nothing to do with me. 
Wise girl.
I have succeeded in alienating my little dogs.
Great, now I feel sooooo much better.....NOT!

We're not talking to you!

My mood is in stark contrast to yesterday.....

In February/March of this year I received an email from the PA Club (of which I am a member, being Britain's 2nd Best PA), offering me the chance to enter a competition to win private flights for two to Newquay in Cornwall, followed by lunch at Jamie Oliver's 'Fifteen' restaurant in Watergate Bay.

I won.


I was notified of my win while I was in Germany waiting for John to come out of his coma. When I entered the competition it was obviously going to be my Hubby that would have accompanied me. 
Sadly, John didn't make it and so, the only other person who could ever be considered as my 'plus 1' was Kay. 
I wanted to take Kay to thank her for giving up her life and moving into our home to look after Max and Millie in our absence.
Not that I can ever thank her or her boyfriend Jim enough....ever.


It was a lovely, lovely day.
I kept the day a secret from Kay until we arrived at Blackbushe Airport....I think she was suitably pleased! 
We had champagne and nibbles on the way out.
It was a beautiful day with the sun shining for the entire time.
We had such fun!
And the best bit.....we were in Cornwall....!


I'm not going to detract from such a positive, marvellous day out, but I will be honest and say that in the back of head I was thinking "John should be here", "John would love this", "I miss John". 
At one point over lunch we got talking about our jobs and there was much talk about the zoo (Kay was once one of John's bird keepers).....I left the table for 5 minutes as I felt a blub coming on........


And the food.........WOW!



Kay was amazing.......there's a reason why I love her so much.....it's because she's AMAZING and kind and patient and calm and generous and lovely and fun and I Love Her!


So what's with me and my temper today???
I think I'm having 'come down' and a rather heavy portion of guilt for having had such a wonderful day......yes, yes, I know guilt is one of the 7 stages of grief....I know! 
I thought of John every moment of the day and he was 'with me' in my heart and always is, so by proxy, he was there. 
Funnily enough, had he actually been there, I doubt there would have been as much white wine left as there was!!!!!!!!

This song was in my head yesterday and is dedicated to my Husband:



I s'pose I should go and make up with the puppies........(and get some sun on my skin!)...........

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing prize! Well done for enjoying it, the effects afterwards are to be expected I guess. John would have been so pleased you had a good time. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had such a terrific day! Your award is well deserved.
    It is wonderful that you can such wonderful friends to share evens in your life; the good and the bad.
    I hope your day gets better. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete