Tuesday 26 June 2012

For A Friend

Today, I received this message from a lovely friend.....a very lovely friend......(Names have been changed to protect the (not so) innocent from embarrassment!)...

Dearest Molly, 

I've been dwelling on the fact that its been many moons since we used to gossip at the reception desk at the zoo. And although I am thankful that we are in touch again now, I obviously wish it was with both you and Johnnie. 

However I must say, what a lucky man Johnnie was, to have met such a handsome, charming, and all round magnificent man. I am in awe of you, and the fact that although this time shouldn't have come, you have held yourself, and your self-control, in times when possibly no-one was safe from urges of strangulation. 

There is no doubt that you and Johnnie were one of the truest love stories that many of us will never know. I am so lucky I found *Derek* when I did, but you met your prince, whilst many of us were still kissing frogs, and the insights of the life you shared have helped many of us to strive to make our relationships better. 

I know you are surrounded by friends and family, and that at this time this is a rubbish consolation prize. But while I am here, and waffling slightly, and not making jokes, and generally being a dozy cow, can I just say, it is an honour to know you, and I reckon Johnnie was a bloody lucky bugger to have you love him the way that you did, and still do. 

It's no surprise that you have many dark times ahead, but I hope you know that no matter how far away we are, we are standing next to you, and fighting your corner. *Derek* worshipped Johnnie, and because of what you gave to Johnnie, the same rules will apply to you. He will always have love for you, and although he doesn't give many feelings away, he would do anything for you. 

And of course I will be waiting in the wings with daft antics and comments should you need me. Propping you both up by stapling my bingo wings around your hips, if *Derek* bear-hugs you too hard and you are about to collapse. 

Well, what else can be said that others haven't said before me Don't come to me for useful or financial advice. But skip the queue and get in my face if you need stupid, daft, or something to be said that makes you feel like you are normal after all. Xxx Ducky.

I read this today and oh how I cried.
I've never, ever thought that John was lucky to have me.
Never. 
ME?! 
Jesus Christ, I've never thought ANYONE was lucky to have me, never mind the Love of my Life!!!!!

For the record, today was a 'cry day'. 
Yesterday I think I was riding the crest of a beautiful 'Date with my Husband' wave.....
Today that wave crashed on the shore and I wept.

God I miss him!



No comments:

Post a Comment