Tuesday 5 February 2013

An Extraordinary Character

I want to share this email....the sender has given me permission to do so...

Hi John,

I stumbled across your blog as Facebook randomly directed me to my cousin's husband and I hoped I might see some pics of their baby.

What I noticed first was the lovely picture of yourself and your husband. You both sat at our table at Tim & Kat's wedding and I just felt compelled to send you a quick message. I was totally moved by your posts, I hope you don't mind me looking briefly at your blog. It reminded me that when Johnnie died my Mum asked us all to pray and hold you in our thoughts. 

I just wanted you to know that even people you don't know were & are thinking of you at such a terrible time. We heard how devastated Tim was about losing such a lovely friend. It's clear that your husband was one of life's extraordinary characters. I'm sure that your blog will help your friends to feel closer to you and hopefully reach out to other people who are suffering the hideous painful isolation of grief.

It always takes me by surprise when people contact me after reading 'Good Grief'. I never really think about others reading it, I just type, upload and that's it for me.

To the lovely lady that took the time to email me, Thank You.....

No comments:

Post a Comment