Saturday 22 December 2012

"A Difficult Time of Year"

This saying has been mentioned more than once in more than one christmas card, message, etc, etc.

And yes, it's true, this is a bloody difficult time of year.

Those that knew John, that knew us, will know that the home was decorated within an inch of it's life at Christmas.
John spent September, October and November perusing Christmas cookery books and magazines for the right recipes.
December was all about cooking, decorating, eating, drinking and being merry, VERY merry!

December is also the month of my birth and every year (without fail!) John would arrange an incredible trip abroad to a wonderful place and we would have a lot of fun and laughter.

John also proposed to me, high in the Swiss Alps, knee deep in snow, in December.

This is truly a difficult time of year.

It's nothing like it used to be.
I've decorated the lounge for Christmas but truthfully and, in all honesty, I want to rip the decorations down and throw them in the bin.
Christmas Day will be incredibly strange and my tummy is already in turmoil just thinking about it.

I don't want to celebrate anything.

However, life does indeed go on and so will I.
I have my friend Craig from Colorado here and I will make sure that he has a lovely time while he is here.
My grief is private and I will keep it within.

The day John proposed....

I had been doing monthly, on the anniversary of John's death, blogs....they have now stopped as I feel the 6 month mark was the appropriate time to stop. 
I live each month by the anniversary of his death but it won't be repeated on the blog anymore.

Also, there's no real news on the Cornwall house yet........yet.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad Criag is with you. In time you will make new holiday traditions. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete