Saturday 9 March 2013

Who Wants To Buy A House By The Sea?

When I first moved here, I knew it would be an initial 6 month contract. The estate agent informed me that the tenancy would most probably be renewed and I could stay here in this lovely house longer than 6 months.

As of today, that's not going to happen!

I emailed my landlords yesterday enquiring about the length of the tenancy as I have absolutely fallen for this house and would like to live here long term if possible.

The response was short and sweet.

They have a renovation project that needs funding which means this house is to be sold. My tenancy will cease in mid July this year. Me and the dogs have 4 months left here before we must move home again. Just when we were really settling in.

When will all the fucking drama end?

I know it wasn't guaranteed that we would stay here longer than 6 months, but I was led to believe that it was just a matter of renewing after the initial 6 months. The landlords obviously had no intention of doing so. I'm not entirely happy with the estate agents in hindsight!

So.
Here we go again.
House-hunting part 2.

Now that I know we will be leaving I want it to happen sooner rather than later. I want to try and enjoy the entire summer in one place. I will be house-hunting from now. The clock is ticking. At least we are IN Marazion this time which will make things much easier, rather than being 300 miles away in London!

If anyone out there would like to invest in property and I'll be your long term tenant please do get in touch!!! I'd buy this place in a heart beat but alone it's impossible, I cannot afford a £200,000 mortgage on my own and I emptied the dogs' piggy banks long ago! (don't tell them!)

Stress levels are high tonight, not helped by some dog trying to savage Millie on this evening's walk which almost tipped me over the edge!

Vodka, where for art thou my love?

I'll be making the most of this view from my deck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment