Saturday 16 March 2013

Love Story

I'm the first to admit that this blog isn't exactly a happy one.
Why would it be? 
It revolves around the fact that the man I love, my Civil Partner, in fact The Love of my Life, is dead.
That's not, in my eyes, a happy subject matter!
However, this week I was reminded by a rather lovely lady friend of ours that, while this blog is ultimately about grief and loss, it is also a love story.
I try to demonstrate, through my writing, just how fucking much I love John.
I am full of clichés about our relationship, but they are all true.
I knew he was The One the moment I met him.
I knew.
I KNEW.
We were meant to be.
We had so much in common.
It makes me happy deep inside knowing that I told John I loved him every day of our relationship, every single day.
"I Love You" were the last words John ever heard me say.
I know he loved me.
Good God, I know he loved me.
He showed me all the time.
He made my life an adventure, a fucking exciting adventure!
Following John's death, I heard more and more from people telling me how much he used to talk about me, how much he loved and adored me, how happy he was with me.
It seems we did a lot of telling other people how much we loved each other and how happy we were with each other.
I love him and he loved me.
Our relationship was by no means perfect, we had some stonking arguments, but our love was absolutely, completely and utterly 100% PERFECT.
And to me, John was perfect, in every way.
His looks.
His mind.
His body.
His attitude to life.
His personality.
His laugh.
His tenderness.
His wonky eye.
His wonderful sons.
His bonkers family.
All of him, inside and out.

Oh yes people, this is a fucking Love Story, the most wonderful, amazing, truly heart wrenching tragic Love Story. 
If they made a film about us you'd sob like a girl from beginning to end at how much we loved each other.
Because we did.
We really, really, REALLY loved each other and we were HAPPY.
We were blindingly, astonishingly, incredibly, absolutely, blissfully, wonderfully, happily, eternally IN LOVE!


'Til Death Do Us Part!

1 comment:

  1. This beautiful love can never be taken away from you. I am so sorry the joy has turned to pain.
    Richard CAHAIRYBEAR on Flickr

    ReplyDelete