Thursday 17 January 2013

So Long London!

Tomorrow morning at 8am the removal lorry arrives to load up my life and whisk me off (through some apparently significant snowfall!!!) to deepest, west-est Cornwall for my new life with the dogs.
I can't quite believe that the day has almost arrived, that I'm off, never to return to this flat and my old life with John.
I am, to say the least, rather emotional today.
In fact, the tears are flowing very freely.

Goodbye Devonshire Road

My emotional state was not helped by good old London this morning!
I drove to the Zoo to see the plaque that will be going up in the Bird House in honour of John.
I never got there.
Vauxhall Bridge is shut, most of the area is in gridlock and after an hour sat in the car and having only got to Oval, I turned around and came home.
Sobbing.
It felt a little like 'London had the last laugh' in stopping me from visiting John and seeing his plaque.
One last stab at me and my hatred of this city.


Well fuck you London!
In 24 hours I will be on my way to the beautiful Cornish coast and my family.
So NER!
I will be typing the next chapter from my lounge (with sea views), enjoying a cup of tea, the dogs in front of a real fire and me enjoying some much needed peace, space and healing surroundings.

The new lounge


See you in Cornwall!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I hope the move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, John! I hope the move went well. Will catch up with you on FB and keep reading your posts. x

    ReplyDelete