Thursday 29 November 2012

We Need To Talk

Tomorrow, after almost 10 years with the company, I leave my job.
I leave so that I can sort, clear and pack before moving to Cornwall to start my new life.
To start again.

Today, more so than any other day since John has been dead, I feel the need to talk to him.
To tell him I am leaving my job.
To tell him the dogs and me are leaving London.
To tell him I am nervous.
To tell him I am scared.
To tell him I am emotional (more so than normal!!!)
To tell him I wish, with all my heart, that he was coming too!

I reached for my mobile this evening with the sole intention of calling John.
Then I remembered.

Instead I spoke to Cornwall, to a very, VERY special lady who reminded me that yes, it is scary and nerve racking but it's also very exciting....and John loved exciting!!!!!

Tomorrow night I will be officially unemployed.
6 weeks tomorrow I will be moving out and driving to Cornwall to start my new life.
I am emotional.
I am scared.
I am nervous.
I am excited.


1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the luck in the world!! I know the move will be all the things you mentioned, but it will all be worth it. John will always be with you, no matter where you future takes you.


    HUGS,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete