Tuesday 20 November 2012

Kings of the Mountain

I was walking the dogs around the cemetery this evening and this windy, wet weather we're having reminded me of a 'holiday' John and I had in North Wales in September 2010.

I won't remember this holiday for the wonderful time we had, indeed it wasn't a holiday, it was much too stressful and we saw very little of each other. I will remember it because this was the week that Joyce, John's lovely, wonderful Mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Mum was supposed to be coming with us, along with the gorgeous Joannie, however with her being in hospital this wasn't going to happen, but we decided to still go up there, at least we were relatively close to Mum in Chester.

It was also only a month since we re-homed Millie.

Anyway, one thing we both really wanted to do was accomplish what we called '3 Lake Walk', starting at Llanberis Pass and walking ever upwards until you get to the lake below the summit of Snowdon. We had done it before but not with the dogs.

The weather was shocking, absolutely bloody awful!

John, being the caring, gentle, loving man that he was, carried Millie three quarters of the way up because she just stopped. She refused to go any further. She hated it (and probably us for putting her through it!) and would not go on. 
Even Max started whining and he's up for pretty much anything!!!

As short as it is, this is the video I took at the 'top' and, as you can see, we were windswept, wet and knackered!!!



I miss the adventures almost as much as I miss John!

No comments:

Post a Comment