Monday 29 October 2012

Hello Cornwall, this is London calling......

Today I resigned.

I am done.
I have had enough.
I am leaving my job.
I am leaving the flat.
I am leaving London.


This city has had more than a pound of my flesh over the last 9 and a half years and I am not willing to give it an ounce more, not a single ounce, so this morning, I handed in my notice.

It.
Felt.
Good.

It is, by far, the best decision I have made on my own since John's death (and yes, he WOULD approve!).


'Working'...

I have never been a fan or loved London like John did.
I came here from Brighton for one reason and one reason only - to be with John, my love, my life, my everything.
Without John, London holds nothing for me.
Dont' get me wrong, I have great friends here, I happen to think I have the BEST friends anyone could want, BUT, they won't keep me here, nothing and no-one will, unless John comes home, only then will I stay.
Without John I find London horrid.
Unbearable.
Unfriendly.
Unforgiving.
Un-me!

Before France 'got in the way', our big dream was to go and live in Cornwall.
We visited 2 or 3 times a year, every year for 9 years.
I was 80% for France, John was 110%.
We had our disagreements over it but to be honest, if it meant following him to Hell I would have done it, just to be with him, to be by his side.
Little did I know I'd be experiencing Hell without him!!!


Happy times in France

So..........in January 2013 I am going to live 'the original dream' and I am going to move to a lovely little 2 bedroom cottage by the sea in deepest, darkest, gorgeous-est Cornwall.
Just me, Maximillian and Millie in Marazion.
We will have quality of life.
We will have beaches to walk on.
We will have the God Children only three doors away.
We will have my little niece and my Sister only 10 miles away.
We will have St Michael's Mount on our doorstep.
We will have Land's End only 10 miles away.
And all my friends and family are VERY welcome to come and stay....in fact I am banking on a steady stream of visitors!


My new home (Landlady's dog!)

I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to going to the West Country.
I want to be there NOW!
Leaving here is going to be extremely emotional but it is most definitely the right decision.
It's not this flat that's special, it is purely a shell, it's what's in it and the wonderful memories I have.
And I will be taking all of them with me.


Cornwall - HERE I COME!

Sing it Beth.....sing it LOUD!


2 comments:

  1. John, I am very happy that you are doing something that excites you again! You are correct it will be hard at first, but I am sure you will come through it in flying colors. My hubby and I hope to visit England next year. I hope I will get the privilege of meeting you at your lovely cottage in Cornwall. It sounds wonderful.

    HUGS,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Cornwall. Never visit Redruth. It's grim.
    My mum and brother and most of my sisters still live there so next time I go down to see them I'll drop by.

    ReplyDelete