Tuesday 15 October 2013

Money, Money, Money

Money.
No one has any.
We all need it.
Apparently it makes the world go around.
But, if you don't have it or earn it, the bills don't get paid.

This new life of mine doesn't come with many worries, very few in fact, apart from one.

Money.

In a nutshell, ends are not meeting.
I'm not earning enough to cover rent and the associated utility bills, car, dogs, insurances, etc.
I am 'lucky' in that the rent has been paid up front for the initial 6 months here, and hopefully, I will do the same for the next 6. So, for a year, my rent is paid.
But, I should be earning enough to be able to put the rent by and I'm not.
I'm dipping into the pot on a monthly basis and the pot is emptying, quickly.

I woke up this morning with one thought in my head, one which won't go away.

"Should I find a 'proper' job?"

I am currently working 3 part time jobs, all of them on minimum wage and only one is full days - two a week!

I've got myself into a tizz over it and I really, really don't know what to do.

1. Do I stay in part time zoo keeping and hope that the hours/days increase in the Spring? 
2. Do I find a 'proper' job, another admin/PA job and go back to what I used to do?

Yes, the rent is pretty much paid until the end of June next year, but we all know how time flies.
And, after June next year there will be no pot.....hence my worrying!

I have been having conversations in my head with John, trying to imagine the responses he would give me, what he would say, the advice he would give.
Perhaps I'm not asking the right questions because I'm not getting any answers.

I'm worrying.
I'm sad.
I'm unhappy.
I'm confused.

I don't know what to do.


Did I make the right decision leaving London and a very good job/lovely home/wonderful friends?
Did I?
DID I?

1 comment:

  1. You cannot second guess yourself. That will just drive you crazy. I know that the part time job at the zoo, allows you to have a connection with something John had a strong passion for. That connection seems to bring you lots of joy. My suggestion is to try to stick it out with the zoo, explain to them that you would like to go full time. Hopefully, they will be able to accommodate your request soon. If that does not work out, you might need to consider other jobs.

    ReplyDelete