Monday 15 July 2013

He's Here...

I think it's time we had a little bit of positivity, don't you?
I do....it's been too long.

The dogs and I are now firmly installed in our new home, a lovely little cottage, quite literally in the middle of nowhere, blissful, peaceful, quiet, healing.
We've been in here for 3 nights and already it feels like home.


As I've mentioned before in previous posts, I'm not a believer in the "he's with me, he's watching over me" nonsense, I never have been.

But.......

This new home is very John, it's much too 'Him' to ignore. Looking around the place, I can 'see him' pottering in the garden and cooking up a storm in the little kitchen. I can imagine him lying in the sun with a large Pimm's and a book, being cuddled by his ever faithful hound, Millie. I can see him walking down to the local pub for an after work pint. Perhaps it's just the familiarity that I now have a garden and a kitchen that are homely and 'user friendly' and so I can imagine these things, who knows.


However, it's a good feeling, it's an excellent feeling, it feels really good and, although John has never, ever been to this house and garden, it feels to me as though he has been here, a footprint has been left.
It's a strange but reassuring feeling.
And.....something I thought I would never, ever say in my entire life.....it feels like he's "here with me".

No comments:

Post a Comment